Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Shhhh... I have a secret desire.

I want to go treat-or-treating.

I really, really want to go.

I don't really want to dress up, but I want to feel the excitement.

The anticipation, the pure merriment.

With shivers down my spine, I want to wander the cold, dark, scary streets with my brothers and sister.

I want the energy to walk for blocks and blocks, and not be tired.

I want to be invited in to friends houses to warm my frozen toes and cheeks, and for hot cider, warm doughnuts, or maybe my favorite a gooey Carmel apple.

I want to run down the side walks, up the driveways, and yell "trick-or-treat." I want to be surprised when my primary teacher answers a strange door, or my dentist, or the girl the sometimes babysits us.

I want to fill my pillowcase up with all the brightly colored candies so to my little arms, it feels heavy, and I have to sling it over my shoulder.

and when I get home to my brightly lit kitchen I want to dump my bag of well-earned treasures all over the big kitchen table and inspect each gem, piece by piece.

1 comment:

Palmer Family said...

I am with you! Last night I loved going out with Emily and Collin because it brought back so many memories!