Friday, August 7, 2009

You may have asked, "Why is Jill's blog so ugly?" Well here's the reason, it all goes back to my love of computers, but my pitiful knowledge about them and their programs. I took some HTML (programming for web pages) classes in high school, which I enjoyed immensely. Unfortunately I forgot most of it, but remembered enough of it to get me into trouble. FYI for you non bloggers, when you make a blog you can pick a template for your blog, a pre-made background with pre-set fonts and layouts, that's why everyones' are so pretty. Well, I thought it would be cool to use some of that, but then verge out on my own and create my own stuff. HA! Now I have a mess, and there is no turning back. I know, I know, I could just start all over, but where is the fun in that, besides I want to figure this out. So be patience, and be impressed even with my slow progress.

2 comments:

Palmer Family said...

I would never call your blog ugly! I am excited to see how it turns out. I am impressed that you are going to make your own. :)

Charity said...

I didn't know you liked stuff like that. By and large I love to learn, but there are some things I have absolutely no motivation/interest in learning even if they might be very beneficial for me. Computer programing, car mechanics, electrical work, are among some of those. So I think it's really interesting/cool when people are interested in the subjects I have a hard time motivating myself for. :) Good luck with your formatting!