Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Harvest

Canning with a baby is hard. Canning with a baby going through separation anxiety is really HARD! Here's the little culprit. He just looks at me with those cute little dark eyes, and I just have to pick him up....


Yet, I am happy to say, I have finally got all the bottles scrubbed and put away, and have begun to reclaim my kitchen. :)

This year our harvest wasn't as good as we would have liked. I feel so blessed to have such kind and generous neighbors and family.
Grandma gaves us apricots and blackberries for Jam and nectar. From school Barry got free raspberries which I was able to freeze, and free corn which I was able to cream and freeze. We got free apples from the neighbors to freeze for pies and applesauce. We got a great price on peaches and pears to can. Banannas were on sale for 39 cents a pounds so we froze some of them. Our green peppers have done well, so I froze some of those. We picked 39 squash from our garden to store, and still more to go, the green beans are on right now, and we have 17 rows of Indian corn to parch, pop, and grind into corn meal.

1 comment:

Palmer Family said...

Wow! You are one busy lady! I wish I was as good as you for canning.